Jibstay

Sunday, March 18, 2012

On My 59th!


59 years old seemed like a pretty old age....when I was 30. When my dad was 59 I was four years into ministry in Lafayette, Indiana with three kids! At 59 I unapologetically ask for AARP discounts. At 59 I no longer get carded for anything, but have not yet been asked if I need some assistance. At 59 I'm a grandfather! Yikes, a grandfather! Aren't grandfathers old? They used to be...when I was 30. At 59 I'm really enjoying what I'm doing more than at any other time in my life. At 59 the house gets quiet by 8:00 p.m. when I want to read or write or reflect. At 59 I'm accepting my limits and getting awed by God's limitlessness. At 59 there are some battles I'm not fighting any more. At 59 there are some other battles I'm fighting for fiercer than ever. At 59 I realize that if I don't head to the gym or beach, gravity will win everywhere! At 59 children are less of a nuisance and more of a privilege and delight. At 59 life if really getting fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker