Jibstay

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Not to Hurry

Do you know where this is? It doesn't really matter. We just stopped our car, and stood looking at the beautiful view. I'm doing that a lot on this vacation; just stopping, looking and enjoying the view. I'm not really sure why I even wear a watch over here. I wake up when I do, make coffee, light a candle and read until Martha wakes up when she does. Our only clock driven reality is between noon and 2 pm when most stores and museums are closed. But that again means a longer lunch, a slow cup of coffee and a walk. 
This vacation more than any one before has reminded me of how much hurry has been in my life. I'm reminded how seldom have I stopped in the beautiful Santa Barbara and just lingered at the view (because, truth be told) I'm usually running late for the next thing. I'm grateful to a couple to friends (you know who you are!) who help me not hurry. 
But not hurrying for 3 weeks is deeply refreshing. What I am trying to figure out is what is the luxury dimension of a vacation like this, that imposes few schedule demands and what are transmittable truths that I can take back into my life and live with less hurry?

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM , Anonymous Kalon said...

Karen and I are reading "walk in a relaxed manner" together which develops the same theme. Not easy for type A people

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker