Jibstay

Friday, November 02, 2012

All Saints'

Remember the movie "The 6th Sense" where the little boy kept saying "I see dead people?" That's what comes to my mind as we approach All Saints' Sunday. When I was younger, I did not know as many "dead people" as I do now. Now the bleachers of heaven are filled with men and women I knew and loved: my dad, my mother-in-law, grandparents, colleagues, close friends in all the churches I've served, some too young to die and others who died gracefully and well. There are great teachers in college and seminary whose tone of voice and unique words still echo in my head. And they are all shouting the same thing to me like in "Forest Gump" Run, Don, Run! Keep your eyes on Jesus! Keep running! It's worth it all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker