Jibstay

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Not Done Yet

As I looked over my sermon files, I found that I had never preached on Psalm 71. All week long I sifted and mined this great Psalm (probably written by an older King David) for insights and truths. This Psalm could be a sermon series, but it's not. So I came to rest on verse 18 "Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come."
The advantage of age is scars. Scars earned by valor or dumbness. Scars accumulated over time. David was a scar-filled person in so many ways. He made his share of dumb mistakes and yet he was a man after God's heart.
A wise older believer will give eloquent wisdom of learning to find spiritual shelter from the storm. David called God his "rock of refuge" and was committed to sharing that truth with the upcoming generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker