Jibstay

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

My Perch


            This is my perch. Our apartment is in the lower unit seen next to the power pole. The weather has been most helpful for writing: grey, cold and rainy. My routine is monkish with a twist. I rise before light and make coffee. I dress warmly and read in the Bible for at least an hour (about 3 cups of coffee). Then I retrieve emails and upload news sites (I have to go outside to do this). I read during breakfast, shower, change and dive into writing until my brain freezes (usually around 10:00 am). I get more email, walk around, or do something to unfreeze my brain and then go back to writing (with more coffee of course).
            I have been able to finish my long project on sacred time and sacred space. Now I’m working on a devotional project revolving around the questions God asks us. But I’m doing all this alone. Martha is busy in Bergen, Norway being artist-in-residence at a printmaking atelier. While spring is reluctantly springing here in southern France (not two sunny days in a row yet), it’s been snowing on Martha in Norway. I’m glad I’m here.
            What I’ve noticed as I’ve read and pondered:
1.     God’s questions are tough!
2.     Paul prays a lot for believers.
3.     Jesus uses a lot of imperative verbs
4.     Being faithful to Jesus is a battle
5.     Some people don’t make it
6.     The center of the faith is always Jesus
7.     The church is non-negotiable, it’s part of God’s plan
8.     Good people screw up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker